Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Road Block

I had originally hoped to have the entire first level up and running by the middle of April, graphics, puzzles, and dialogue included. Unfortunately, I've hit a major snag: term papers. Between grading for the course I'm TAing and writing my own term papers (and preparing presentations between 40 minutes and 2 hours in length) I don't have the time or the energy to be putting any work into the game.

Where do I currently stand? I have all of the (empty) room art done for the first level, with all of the rooms connected. Some of it looks pretty empty, some of it looks kind of cool. I've also got maybe about 1/4 of the object art done for the level (i.e. objects to populate my empty rooms with). I still think two weeks should be enough time to get all the object art created and into the game (collision detection and all). Hopefully I can spend the two weeks after that programming the actual gameplay for the level? That's probably too optimistic.


This is one of my empty rooms, as an example of what my game art currently looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment